Share a photo or story of your ‘unsafe’ steps to #rvstepfail for a chance to win prizes!
For those that have experience with typical RV steps you know they are at best challenging to work with and far less safe while entering and exiting an RV.
The gap from the last step of your RV to the ground is commonly much higher than the typical rise in RV steps. To fix this issue, some folks take matters into their own hands. Often people purchase collapsing stool steps or improvise with a jury-rigged platform to put underneath to shorten the gap in step rise.
Another challenge occurs when parked on a swell or a small hill that will not allow the bottom step to fold out requiring a shovel to dig out a place for the step to deploy. For those that have difficulty with mobility, the step configuration becomes a significant challenge.
Almost all RV steps are made from steel and are susceptible to rust which leads to seized steps and hinge failures.
We want to see these #rvstepfails or step stories that you see while camping. If you or someone you know has ever come up with a creative way to fix this step issue, send us your pictures and stories on our Twitter feed @Torklift or by clicking here to email.
You will be netered into a montly drawing for a chance to win prizes!
View our gallery of RV Step Fails below and submit your own Step Fail using #rvstepfail:
RV Step Fail Blog
My Wife Fell...
The ink wasn't even dry on the contract to buy our new truck camper during the Grand Opening of a new RV dealership location. We took one last look at our new camper before putting the paperwork in the truck and joining the celebration. I hear this "Splat!" behind me and see my wife has tripped. RV steps not completely installed yet as some parts are in a box on the bed in the camper.
Sitting in the Grand Opening party cookout in front of all the employees and family my wife is sitting with a bag of ice on her face.
Talk about completely ruining the joy of a new big purchase wondering if we need to go to the hospital emergency room or not! Welcome to your first day of RV camping honey! Fat lip, scab on cheek and skinned knee. Would love some safe steps for the wife and dogs. Let alone Me, Myself, and I! Yes, the first thing we ordered for our new camper was a first aid kid with instant cold packs!
Yeah, wish list has all the bells and whistles: Glowstep, handrails, safestep pet guards, glow in the dark, All Terrain Landing Gear ...
GlowStep Revolution Features
- Only RV step system with 7 inches of vertical step elevation adjustment
- Unparalleled stability eliminating the unsafe diving board effect
- Earth to RV: Brings step to ground level (No more unsafe booster step)
- Landing gear quickly levels on uneven terrain (included)
- Step system accessories: Handrail, pet safety barriers and shoe cleaning attachment
- Made from lightweight aircraft grade aluminum (rust free)
- Works on side entry truck campers and towables
- Bushing bearing bolted for maximum stability and longevity
- Glows in the dark for up to 10 hours with only five minutes of light exposure
- Secures into place via locking mechanism
- Legendary Lifetime Warranty
- Proudly made in the USA